I know I haven’t been here a while, life is happening and this was just not a priority… but it is 4:20 am right now… and today, this morning, this suddenly became a priority: I had to post something.
I had another layered dream/vision, maybe its from all the food I ate at the wedding? Anyways, here goes:
The layered dream/vision:
There was 5 colours, each corresponded to a worship song, each was a presentation of God and the gospel. Somehow I was uncomfortable going through the worship, and i was made aware that it was actually 5 ways of misrepresentation of God
Then I woke up from this layer & details are already starting to get fuzzy. I prayed in this layer for clarity and just something to remember… and something that actually represents true worship. Then I ‘fell asleep’ again and returned to the vision.
True worship was represented by a great & glorious light of a golden hue, and the worship I heard was “I am a child of God, yes, I am a child of God” on repeat. I woke up from this layer, trying to recall the details of the first 5 & was trying to describe all this to a peer, the details are fading but “I am a child of God” is taking over
This is when I woke up into the real world & and to write this down (and i guess posting it by retyping it as well…). I still do not have the details of the first 5 colours/worship song, but generally it was something along the lines of how something as awesome and supposedly God honouring as worship is not necessarily actually worship nor God honouring & can be misconstrued by Satanic forces or our human flesh.
The true, God-centered worship focuses on who God is, and who we are to God in what He has done:
“Yes, I am a child of God”
What I think of this dream/vision currently:
- God answered a prayer immediately, even as I was not fully awake for the prayer (seriously, what just happened???)
- I needed to hear that I am a child of God. Right now. Currently going through struggles that I am not sure if I am ever going to win & is it even worth the fight, or should I just give up and revert back to the old way…
“I am a child of God”
- It is by mercy that I do not remember the first 5, so that I do not misconstrue these songs when I/my church are worshipping with it.
- ways to misrepresent God in worship may include: (I am backfilling as I no longer have the details)
– lyrics that does not represent God’s heart nor the scripture
– artist or worship leader who became more about the artistic talent as opposed to glorifying God
– singing praises/giving worship that we do not mean as a church (our hearts are not ready)